You or your group can help Uplift Family Services in any number of ways by giving your time to volunteer. Our volunteers are hardworking and caring individuals and group who want to make their community and world a little brighter for children in need.
Bay Area Opportunities
Want a short- or long-term volunteer opportunity in a fun retail environment with flexible hours? Consider joining one of our Auxiliaries. We have two stores in Los Gatos, The Happy Dragon Thrift Shop and The Butter Paddle, as well as the Unicorn Thrift Shop in San Jose.
Are you a local business that wants to know how you can give back to the neediest in our community? Uplift Family Services is always looking for business partners to help raise money and awareness for the children and families we serve. In the past, businesses of all sizes have helped by:
- Designating one day as “Uplift Family Services” day, and donating a percentage of the sales to Uplift Family Services.
- Holding an open house at the store to help raise awareness or donations for Uplift Family Services.
- Organizing a fundraising event such as a golf or bowling tournament, or walk / swim-a-thon, or a charity luncheon / fashion show.
Uplift Family Services’ fundraising department can help you launch, plan and support your fundraising efforts. We are willing to come to your event, speak about Uplift Family Services’ programs, and provide literature and brochures. Contact Darren DeMonsi at (408) 364-4058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Los Angeles Opportunities
Volunteers are needed throughout the year to assist in the following ways:
- Host a celebration (on or off-campus)
- Provide hands-on assistance at a special event, workshop or camp
- Provide volunteer support during our weekly therapeutic after-school program “Endless Summer” (requires volunteer screening and training) and Parent Institute
For more volunteer information, contact Maria Sepulveda at email@example.com.