Healing families. Strengthening communities.

Transitional Housing Program

The Transitional Housing Program (THP) serves a number of adolescent and young adult clients who are in need of a safe living situation. THP gives clients the ability and the skills to become independent and self-supporting.

Counties Served:

> Contra Costa
> Tulare

Contra Costa County

The Transitional Housing Program (THPP and THP+FC) serves clients from foster care or probation, starting at age 16 and up to the day before their 21st birthday. The clients may be individuals or single parents.

Transitional housing allows those from foster care or probation to learn firsthand what it is like to live independently. It provides them with the opportunity to try, fail, and learn new methods of living in an apartment within the community while having a supportive safety net. The THPP/THP+FC staff provides supervision and comprehensive services on various life skills (budgeting, job skills, accessing education and health care, household management, etc.) at the client’s apartment or in the community. The program helps participants pursue their academic, employment and housing goals so they may achieve their highest level of self-sufficiency.

How does a youth receive services from this program?
Contact Uplift Family Services for an application at (925) 602-1750 (Contra Costa).

How do I get more information?
Contact Uplift Family Services  (925) 602-1750 (Contra Costa).

Tulare County

Crossroads Transitional Housing Program in Tulare County serves young adults ages 18-24 who are currently homeless or are in danger of becoming homeless due to severe mental illness and/or emotional disorders. Apartment housing is provided within the community and is currently located in Visalia and Porterville.

Crossroads staff will develop an Individual Transition Plan (ITP) which will outline developmental goals in areas such as social and independent living skills, financial planning, education and vocation and permanent housing.

How does a young adult receive services from this program?
Contact Crossroads Transitional Housing at (559) 735-0927.

How do I get more information?
Contact Crossroads Transitional Housing at (559) 735-0927.

Confidentiality of Uplift Family Services children and families has been preserved through the use of models. Some stories may be composites of multiple cases.