The West Contra Costa County Parent Aide Program provides services on an as referred basis to children in both in-home and out-of-home placements. These services include:
- Providing transportation to and from scheduled visits and other appointments as requested by Contra Costa County Children and Family Services staff.
- Providing supervision for authorized supervised visits with parents and/or siblings.
- Improving the parenting skills by serving as a role model and demonstrating appropriate parent/child interactions during supervised visits.
- Providing an environment where families are able to maintain contact and strengthen their bonds.
The goals of the Parent Aide program are to:
- Assist social workers in delivering service to children and families known to Child Welfare Services (CWS). These services enable the social workers to ensure that court orders are fulfilled.
- Increase the discretionary time of the CWS caseworkers by efficiently providing services that do not require the direct attentions of a CWS caseworker to children and families.
How do I get more information?
Contact Uplift Family Services at (408) 379-3790.