Children and teens referred to KATIE A are experiencing obstacles that threaten their home, relative or foster care placements or are at-risk of developing mental health challenges. The program helps stabilize home placements and supports family reunification, stabilization and overall well-being.
KATIE A provides community and strength-based, individualized services to youth and their families of diverse cultures, ethnicities and socio-economic backgrounds. KATIE A blends therapeutic and rehabilitative services with a multidisciplinary and Child and Family Team (CFT) approach to meet the needs of the community.
While providing intensive mental health services, KATIE A helps link the child and family team to natural supports, community resources, and assists them in forming stronger family connections.
Mental Health Services Provided by KATIE A may include:
- Meetings with the CFT to coordinate efforts with the Department of Family and Children's Services (DFCS), school staff, and other community partners
- Individual therapy referrals (utilizing outpatient when indicated through CFT)
- Family therapy referrals (utilizing outpatient when indicated through CFT)
- Functional behavioral assessments, positive behavior and intervention support plans
- Intensive care coordination through case management and referral services
- Intensive home based services through community rehabilitation and family support
- Rehabilitative services providing psycho-education and socio-recreational activities
- School collaboration and support in accessing additional educational services
- Social skills coaching, including anger management and enhancement of play skills
- Support for parents and caregivers
- Case management and referrals to community services
- Youth and family community events
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management (as a referral when indicated through CFT)
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) with individual/family therapy as needed.
- Other evidence based practices including Core Elements
How does a child receive services from this program?
To receive services through KATIE A, youth must have an open case with DFCS and must be referred by a DFCS social worker. We accept youth with full scope Medi-Cal.
How do I get more information?
Call Uplift Family Services Client Services at (408) 379-3796