Educationally Related Intensive Counseling Services (ERICS), often called GROVE Counseling, partners with charter and private schools to provide mental health services for students with IEP's and 504 plans whose behavioral and emotional needs are significantly impacting their academic functioning. We offer a flexible, strengths-based approach, which allows clinicians to work with students in an environment that is most helpful to their progress (i.e. home, classroom, playground, community, etc.). We also offer workshops, seminars and camps to support healthier school communities. The frequency, duration, and/or intensity of student needs are more serious than Designated Instructional Services (DIS Counseling), their 504, and/or Preventative Behavior Interventions Services (PBIS) can address. Behaviors can be manifested at school, home or in the community and are exacerbated by a variety of significant environmental stressors including family functioning, peer interaction, community challenges and/or socio-economic status.
- Counseling and guidance
- Behavior intervention services
- Coordinated treatment planning, including attendance at IEPs, SSTs, and goal setting meetings
- Case management with special education and student support teams
- Community based services – services offered in home, at school, in clinic, or in the community
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Parent counseling, training, and linkage to community resources
- Collaboration with family members, teachers, and counselors
- Individual services which can be integrated into the school day
How do I get more information?
Contact the ERICS Coordinator for more information at (323) 485-4582.