Uplift Family Services’ Research Advisory Council is a group of academic researchers who help Uplift Family Services ensure that its programs are based on the latest research and best practices. The council meets 3 to 4 times a year.
The Research Advisory Council’s role is to:
- Support Uplift Family Services’ development as an organization committed to the provision of services informed by research.
- Support and advise Uplift Family Services' clinical program evaluation and improvement process.
- Support and advise Uplift Family Services' development of a work plan for increasing visibility through conference presentations and publications.
- Provide Uplift Family Services' clinical leadership with current information in the field.
- Apply contemporary statistical methods to evaluation of Uplift Family Services programs.
Research Advisory Council members include:
- Barbara Jean Burns, Ph.D.
Professor of Medical Psychology and Director of the Services Effectiveness Research Program, Duke University School of Medicine
- Albert J. Duchnowski, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Family and Child Studies and Department of Special Education, University of South Florida
- Krista Kutash, Ph.D.
Deputy Director and Research Professor, Research and Training Center for Children’s Mental Health, Department of Child and Family Studies, Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida
Faculty member with the Department of Child and Family Studies, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida