Uplift Family Services accepts gifts in kind that can be used by the children we serve. Our current wish list includes:
- Family board games (Sorry, Life, Clue, Monopoly, etc.) for multiple players and a wide variety of ages
- Sporting goods: basketball, football, soccerball, volleyball, kickball, plush balls
- Duffle bags in neutral colors (no red, blue, etc.) .. black and grey are good
- School supplies and backpacks in neutral colors
- MP3 players (non-iPod) for $40 and under
- Art supplies for kids of all ages and abilities
- Journals in masculine and feminine colors
- Infant toys
- Musical instruments like used guitars, keyboards, drum pads, etc.
- Action figures, Barbies, Bratz dolls, remote control cars and airplanes
And no stuffed animals or books please.
As a non-profit organization, there are some items we cannot accept as in-kind. Some items like large furniture can't be accepted for space reasons. If you wish to give something unusual, such as art or office equipment, please contact Darren DeMonsi, at (408) 364-4058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations can be dropped off at Hollygrove during regular business hours. We ask that you make arrangements in advance by contacting Aaron Illa at 323-769-7163. Due to storage limitations, we cannot accept large or unscheduled items without advanced approval.
In addition to assisting with meeting the most basic needs of our clients, these items are needed by therapeutic staff to be used as incentives to encourage and reinforce progress and improvements, recognize clients at their graduation from services, or celebrate their birthday or another special occasion. Our clients would greatly benefit from receiving donations of these items:
- Gift cards/certificates: Target, Kohls, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Toys R Us, Starbucks/Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Jamba Juice, grocery stores, gas stations, phone and bus passes
- Passes to movies and amusement parks
- School supplies: binders, spiral notebooks, journals, backpacks, notebook paper, pencils and pens, pencil cases, folders, tablets
- Computer learning software
- Art supplies: crayons, markers, coloring books, paint sets, drawing and construction paper
- New Clothing: Underwear, socks and jackets in all sizes, apparel appropriate for transitioning young adults (ages 17-21), school clothes
- Toys – Card and board games, action figures, dolls, books, arts and crafts, coloring books, puzzles, sports balls
- Linens: Bedding and towels
- Infant and child car or booster seats
- Hygiene kits- tooth brushes, toothpaste, combs, hair brushes, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, hair gel and other hair products, lotion, mouth wash, hand sanitizer, wipes
- Food baskets (non-perishable items only)
- Cosmetic items: make up, nail polish, perfume, cologne
- Halloween costumes
- Stockings and stocking stuffers for kids up to age 18. Here are a few stocking stuffer ideas.
- Books from the Endless Summer book wish list.
As a non-profit organization, there are some restrictions regarding in-kind items. If you wish to give something unusual, such as art or office equipment, please contact Kathleen Felesina, Director of Fund Development at (323) 769-7142 or email@example.com.
Note: Uplift Family Services' tax I.D. number is 94-2295953.