Thursday, May 18, 2017
6:00 - 9:30 pm
The W Hotel Hollywood
6250 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028
Join us for an evening of dinner, entertainment and inspiration at the legendary W Hollywood Hotel along with our friends Busy Philipps, Colin Hanks, Peter Weller, Ike Barinholtz, Janie Bryant, Christopher Gorham, and many others to celebrate our 150th anniversary and raise funds to benefit the vital programs on the Hollygrove campus of Uplift Family Services.
This year, we are proud to honor our friends and champions Matt Bomer and Simon Halls, who, through deed and example, embody the values of our mission and share our passion to support children in crisis.
Festivities also include:
• Cocktail reception featuring a signature cocktail
• Delicious 3-course dinner paired with delicious wines
• Children’s Art Gallery; Silent & Live Auction; Wine Wall
• Entertainment & Inspiration
Proceeds support the Los Angeles region of Uplift Family Services, a non-profit agency that provides help and hope to some of LA’s most underserved and at-risk children. We serve over 1,200 children and families, many of whom live at or below the poverty level and have experienced traumatic experiences leading to mental health challenges.
This year, our theme is that anyone can be a hero to these children who deserve a chance to overcome their challenges and succeed. With your support of the Norma Jean Gala, you can help us continue our privately-funded programs that help create stability, strengthen the family and provide a greater chance of success for the child to become productive and thrive.
Specifically, the funds from the gala will go towards:
- Endless Summer program – a therapeutic after-school program for children with emotional and behavioral challenges resulting from adverse childhood experiences.
- Camp Hollygrove – follows Endless Summer experience for children during school breaks who are often not eligible to attend other camps due to behavioral problems.
- Family Search and Engagement – using Internet search technology, we connect children at risk of entering the foster system with safe biological family members to aid their recovery from emotional trauma.
- Parent Institute – provides parents with a unique support group and parenting education, as well as basic needs such as food and clothing.
The gala is named after our most famous alumni: Norma Jean Baker, who benefited from our agency’s care as a child before she ultimately came to be known as the international icon Marilyn Monroe.