The 5th annual Norma Jean Gala will take place in Hollywood on April 20, 2016.
6:00 - 9:00 pm
1201 Vine Street
Los Angeles, CA 90038
The gala is named in honor of Marilyn Monroe, who resided at Hollygrove from 1935 to 1937.
The evening promises to be a star-studded event with Janie Bryant, Colin and Samantha Hanks, Diane Ladd, Busy Philipps, Peter and Sheri Weller and Ian and Erin Ziering lending their support.
- Children’s Garden and Art Exhibit
- Live and Silent Auction
- Cocktail Reception and Dinner
Proceeds support Hollygrove, a non-profit agency that provides help and hope to some of LA’s most underserved and at-risk children. Hollygrove serves over 1,200 children and families, many of whom live at or below the poverty level and have experienced traumatic experiences leading to mental health challenges.
The success of this event is crucial to the agency as the money raised fills some of the gap between services covered by public funding and brings specialized privately funded programs individually pioneered by Hollygrove to its families. Specifically, the funds from this year’s gala will go towards:
- Endless Summer program – a therapeutic afterschool program for children with emotional and behavioral challenges resulting from adverse childhood experiences.
- Camp Hollygrove – follows Endless Summer experience for children during school breaks who are often not eligible to attend other camps due to behavioral problems.
- Family Search and Engagement – using internet search technology, we connect children at risk of entering the foster system with safe biological family members to aid their recovery from emotional trauma.
- Parent Institute – provides parents with a unique support group and parenting education as well as basic needs such as food and clothing.